Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: [Playbook] Anybody interested in a minifying batch script based on the YUI Compressor?

Thank you for the update. That's good to know that apps are sandboxed.
--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
New Developer
My Device: BB 10
My Carrier: 125487

Re: [Playbook] Anybody interested in a minifying batch script based on the YUI Compressor?

interfaSys wrote:

The bbwp packager doesn't remove any comments from the CSS and JS of apps and doesn't do any minification or aggregation.

So, unless you do it yourself, your documented source code is delivered with every webworks app.

Professional app developers will probably implement advanced compilation techniques right in their build scripts, but people new to it all, may need some extra tools.

One way to easily clean things up is to use the YUI Compressor. It works for both CSS minify and JS minify and does a pretty good job without destroying the code.

So, if enough people are interested, I'll publish a batch script, otherwise, I'll spend my time on other stuff Smiley Happy.

YUI compressor tool is very easy to use for beginners. Very apprecaite to provide some advantage features.