Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Playbook App Launches to Blank View / Doesn't load

Ok, we know it's not the sim then. Can you try using the ant script that is posted in the forums instead? Just to see what happens...
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Nope no go.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm having the same problem after upgrading to newest simulator. The 0.9.2 version runs everything fine, but blank screen for every app I deploy on 0.9.3 and on a Windows7 machine.

Just came across this post: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Blank-Screen-After-Splash/m-p/937...

But, I haven't had a chance to try commenting out the sound, or where I'd look for that. Must be the config file?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

did you upgrade your sdk to the newest version and build?

I updated the vm but didnt update the sdk and installed my app and white screen of death,

so i figured, they must have updated the sdk as well, and lo and behold they did, i compiled with that and its running smooth as butter, so give that a try if you havent.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

I just downloaded the simulator and the sdk yesterday. Can't double check right now, but I'm pretty sure I have the must up to-date versions.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

I had this exact problem when I installed my signed BAR file that was made with the 0.9.3 SDK into the 0.9.4 simulator.

When I rebuilt the app it fired up normally (and introduced a slew of other problems, but it started at least)

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App