Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Playbook Application Icon Missing

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I am hoping that someone can help me with a problem I am having. I am currently coding my first webworks application for the Playbook, and everything has gone well except that my application icon does not show up. I have tried my compiled bar file on the Playbook Simulator 1.0.1, and on a physical Playbook running OS, both of which do not show the icon. The icon I am using is 86x86 pixels, named "icon.png". I have included the icon call in a "blackberry-tablet.xml" file as:

(author, authorID, and publisher names have been removed)

I also have called the icon in the config.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
    <icon src="icon.png"/>
    <content src="index.html"/>
    <rimSmiley Surprisedrientation mode="landscape" />

My bar file was compiled using Webworks All three files ("blackberry-tablet.xml", "config.xml", "icon.png") are located in the root directory of the application. If you need any other information to help me with this problem feel free to ask and I'll reply as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your help!

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Not Specified

Re: Playbook Application Icon Missing

I suppose you are using the file blackberry-tablet.xml to run an unsigned app in PlayBook device. For signed apps this file is not required, only the config.xml is required. And for your problem I guess this should solve it. In blackberry-tablet.xml use the following code for icon.

New Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: none

Re: Playbook Application Icon Missing

Hey that worked perfectly! It's good to know too that blackberry-tablet.xml is not needed for signed apps too. Thanks for your help.