Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T Mobile

Playbook Apps Deployed Via App World Only???

We have bought up a whole load of playbooks with the intention of writing a private company app for only our staff to be allowed to access.  I've just seen this page (Distributing Your App) in the documentation that says that apps can only be deployed to Playbooks via App World.  We need to make sure that our app is not available to people outside of our company, does this mean that it can't be done???

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 3

Re: Playbook Apps Deployed Via App World Only???

You can sideload the apps that your co make. Thats the way we do at the moment. But it is quite a task when working with a large number of tablets.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T Mobile

How do you "sideload"?  Haven't come across that.  We have about 60 tablets so it could be done manually if necessary but not ideal.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 3

You can use DDPB from http://ddpb.dauden.vn/ for small scale distribution of apps. 

Alternately you can use BlackBerry Mobile Fusion that is the enterprise solution from RIM. We have been testing it for a while, but with "mixed feelings" about it and are hoping that a co., who are specialized in sw distribution will come up with a kick **bleep** solution that covers Playbook as well.