Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Turkcell

Playbook WebWorks Battery Information

Hello,

I'm developing a software for playbook to display some battery information.

There are 2 javascript events in WebWorks api which works fine but they only works when a change in state or level occur.

I need to display battery state and level immediately so Is there way I could get these values without waiting for them to change?

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playbook WebWorks Battery Information

Currently there isn't a way to do this exposed in JavaScript.  

I would suggest opening up a feature request on the github issues page for the Tablet OS

https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-TabletOS/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=open

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Carrier: Not Specified

This could be achieved by writing an extension for WebWorks by yourself,  unless you are not patient enough to wait till the next  release of Foxtrot Release for PlayBook Smiley Wink  Also not sure if that is going to be included in the next release. Just did a quick research on it and got it through Smiley Happy

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Just for tracking this issue has been logged here. The future milestones and whats included can be found here.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Highlighted
Developer
My Carrier: Not Specified

Yes, I went through the issues reported. I was just mentioning a solution to the issue Smiley Happy Also i couldn't see this item mentioned in the milestone and hene gave it a little stress Smiley Wink