Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Priv, 9810, PlayBook, 9000, 8820
My Carrier: AT&T

[Playbook WebWorks] Input Type=Number & Leading Decimal Points

Checking to see whether this is just me...

The value sanitization algorithm for HTML input[type=number] elements appears to fail incorrectly for valid floating-point values that begin with a decimal point (e.g., ".14159", ".99", etc.).  It succeeds if these same values are entered with leading zeroes (e.g., "0.14159", "0.99", etc.).

This means that attempts to type a valid floating-point numeric value starting with a decimal point into an input type=number HTML element incorrectly fail in the same manner that attempts to enter non-numeric values correctly do.

This occurs using WebWorks SDK for Tablet v2.0 and v2.1, but is probably more related to the tablet's underlying browser engine than to WebWorks.

This is in contrast to other WebKit-based browsers, such as Chrome and Safari, whose value sanitization algorithms succeed for both above-described formats.

Thoughts?  Anyone else?

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Not Specified

Re: [Playbook WebWorks] Input Type=Number & Leading Decimal Points

[ Edited ]

Even I was able to reproduce the same issue. This might be the issue with device's default browser. The jquery form validation plugin which worked perfectly on webkit browsers with input type number does not work on PlayBook. Smiley Sad

New Developer
My Device: Priv, 9810, PlayBook, 9000, 8820
My Carrier: AT&T

I've submitted this issue to the BlackBerry Developer Issue Tracker at https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-275.

Further feedback or information -- there and/or here -- would be appreciated.

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Thank you for submitting this to Issue Tracker.  Someone will be looking at this soon.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker