Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: None

Pre-Release WebWorks SDK Issues

Hey,

Recently updated my SDK installation to the pre-release 2.2 SDK which I believe is supposed to correct issues with the main memory leak in WebWorks applications. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see any benefits, and have been forced to rollback to the 2.1.1. 

On the pre-release, It starts up, and quits again usually within about 10 seconds. When it does succeed, and we get past our apps' login screen, it will pretty much always quit then. 

It's relatively large. 4K lines of HTML and more in JavaScript, and there are quite a few images. But even after removing many of these assets, it still crashes relatively often.

I've tried the ALT + LGLG thing, and the only thing there was a memclean operation or something.

In version 2.1.1, yes it crashes, but after about 15 minutes of actively tapping between pages, which of course does sound like a memory leak. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated, but I'm assuming this is much more of an issue with the SDK than with our own code. 

Thanks,

Aaron

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Pre-Release WebWorks SDK Issues

The v2.2 pre-release was only smoke tested on some features outside of the memory leaks.  It was simply pieced together for those experincing memory issues try out in advance.

From the sounds of things, it looks like you are running into a pre-release instability.  

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Tim,
Any updates on a final release date for this or additional releases for testing?

Doug
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The final release will be at the beginning of next week to align with DevCon

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter