Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Wind GR
Accepted Solution

Problem with signing RCR and RRT files

Hello ppl!I am new to WebWorks SDK and Signature Tool so i need some help with signing.I have designed an HTML and CSS + Javascript website and i want to convert it to BB application through BlackBerry WebWorks packager.All goin well application is fine but i have problem with signing keys.I have filled the form for the keys,all done well and RIM emailed me back the RBB,RCR,RRT csi files.Now i typed in Command Prompt: java -jar SignatureTool [path]\client-RBB-**********.csi and it asked me to give a password for Private Key.I did it and then i registered it.All done well too.The problem is now when i try to do the same thing for RCR and it asks me for PIN and Private Key Password.I entered them correct and it says that i provide a wrong password.Where is the problem?Have i done anything wrong?

*P.S. Private Key Password is the one i typed when it asked to create and confirm password when i tried to register RBB csi right

Thanx in advance

Konstantino

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problem with signing RCR and RRT files

Hello Konstantinos,

How are you doing? I hope all is well.

Are you still facing the issue in regards to registration? If so have you made sure that Caps lock isn't enabled when entering your password if your private password doesn't have any uppercase characters? Are you running Windows 7 on your developer workstation? In the past UAC has known to give some issues, so temporarily disabling UAC when registering your keys will also be helpful.

Looking forward to your input.

Sincerely,

Raihan Masroor
BlackBerry Development Advisor
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Wind GR

Re: Problem with signing RCR and RRT files

Hello rmasroor,

thanx for your reply and your interest.

I'm fine and hope you are too.Problem doesn't exist anymore.Sorry that i didn't write to topic but now is fixed.The problem was that i probably forgot my private password,so i asked RIM to send me other keys.Now i was more careful with the procedure and all were fine.

Please refresh this topic as fixed or solved.

Sincerely,

Konstantinos