Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Problems Signing Playbook App With Ripple

[ Edited ]

I am trying to sign my playbook app with Ripple. I am using version 2.2.0.5 of the tablet OS SDK. 
I downloaded signing keys and installed them. I was able to generate one signed app.

However, the second time I tried to generate a signed app, I get the error below. All subsequent attempts to sign the app have failed with the same error. The only change I made between the first attempt and the second was to activate my wireless router so I could have the compiled and signed app pushed to my test Playbook device automatically through wifi using Ripple. I don't see how that would cause an error like the one below, however. Also, I know the passwords I am supplying are correct. 

Has anyone had this problem and solved it? 

Message: "Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Signing failed The signature on the code signing request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password."

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problems Signing Playbook App With Ripple

To confirm that the password is not really the issue, can you try building your app from the command line?

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_publishing/signing_your_tablet_app_191966...

Do you have any non-alphanumeric characters in your password - like a single or double quote?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Trusted Contributor

It works from the command line. I get a bar file. I am working on a Mac. I've pasted the output from the Terminal window below. By the way, my password is all numeric.

Why won't this work in Ripple? 

[INFO] Parsing command line options
[INFO] Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO] Validating WebWorks archive
[INFO] Parsing config.xml
[WARNING] Failed to find a <feature> element
[WARNING] Failed to find the <author> element
[INFO] Populating application source
[INFO] Compiling WebWorks application
[INFO] Packaging the bar file
[INFO] Bar packaging complete
[INFO] Starting signing tool
[INFO] Signing complete
[INFO] WebWorks application packaging complete

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Do you use a different signing password for your Smartphone keys vs. Tablet OS SDK keys?  Just brainstorming here - curious if you have Ripple trying to build & sign using the Smartphone SDK: Which platform is 'active' in Ripple?

Otherwise I wonder if it could be an environmental setup issue on your Mac, with Ripple.  Note the keys files should be in a specific folder location.  Can you check to confirm that they are according to this doc:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_publishing/signing_setup_tablet_apps_1920...

Otherwise, I wonder if Ripple is not including the code signing keys, for some reason, with your request to package & sign.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Trusted Contributor

My passwords are the same for both my Smartphone key and the Playbook key.

I use Ripple to package my smartphone version as well. I'm pretty sure I'm not making the mistake of using the smartphone settings for the Playbook settings. 

I deleted the PBD and RDK files after I used them for registration. According to the documentation, though, this shouldn't be a problem since the files are just used for signing. 

I guess I will not use Ripple for the PB but run things for the command line.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Orange

I, too, have problems signing my app through Ripple. I can package the app no problem, producing .zip and .bar files, however it won't package and sign.

I get this error when I try:

"Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Signing failed Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL: http://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/RDK-Waterloo"

So, since I had the packaged app, I thought I'd try and sign it through command line, however it doesn't seem to like my password as it throws an error taking 5 characters from my password, saying "event not found". I have an alpha-numeric password.

This problem has been plaguing me all day, I just want to sign my app already.

I even tried using the Graphical Aid but it keeps telling me the SDK path is wrong. I can't win today 

DJ Reyes
Developer
My Device: N/A

"Signing failed Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL"

Means you can't connect to the signing server.

I had the alphanumeric password problem once, I think I just changed it to a normal one in the end.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Orange

Maybe my terrible WiFi here Smiley Sad Or can I fix that?

How can you change the password?

DJ Reyes
Developer
My Device: N/A

I think I just requested some new keys. This was quite a long time ago now though, there may be better ways to go about it.