Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AtnT

Push Messages in BlackBerry WebWorks

Hi

I have been lately  working on BlackBerry WebApp using PhoneGap Framework.

I followed the PhoneGap Tutorial on Getting started with BlackBerry Development and successfuly installed and started working with the same. I wanted to implement Push Messages for the App . I searched on the Internet but I did not find anything relevant to Black Berry WebApp

Is there a way I can achieve this using WebWorks?

Also I was trying it natively using the Blackberry Push Message SDK I found an Application pushSDK in it. I ran the COD file and it worked but when i extract it and tried it using the BlackBerry Development Evironment 6.0 I got some warnings "using restricted APIs" But the App does not work in the Simulator. and I get JVM Exceptions in the Simulator

Any Help Highly Appreciated. I am actually lost in this

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Push Messages in BlackBerry WebWorks

1.  I do not know about the push notification for I am new also.

2. "using restricted APIs"  (This must be when trying on a live device?)  if so you must have all apps signed for     webworks no matter what api your using.

3. JVM Exceptions  -- The simulator is not getting cleared out of your previous Instance( running in background) close your simulator, development enviroment and blackberry desktop manager (if using it to install on a live device) and restart them.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Push Messages in BlackBerry WebWorks

You can find all the push related APIs in the WebWorks API reference guide.  In the table of contents you will find the different push topics

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/widgetapi/

We are also working on enhanced push APIs in our upcoming release of the WebWorks SDK for Smartphones in our Epsilon release

https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks/wiki/Roadmap

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter