Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

RAPC exception error when building WebWorks SDK with Mac

Hi Devs,

I wanted to share more information about a known issue with using the Mac version of the WebWorks SDK for Smartphone.

If anyone has tried building apps that use extensions that reference JAR files (such as the blackberry.bbm API, or your own custom APIs) and receive a "RAPC exception occurred" error, it might have to do with a known issue where the packager is looking in the wrong place for the relevant JAR file(s).

As far as I know, this issue only affects Mac developers.  From what I have been told, the team is aware of the problem, and are working on a fix already.  In the meantime, I've filed the following bug for this issue, which includes a workaround: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TOOL-317

Please let me know if the workaround does not resolve this problem for you, or if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: RAPC exception error when building WebWorks SDK with Mac

Hi astanley, I am having this issue with the latest version of BB Webworks and your posted link has a "redirect loop". Please assist in what I should do?