Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Random restarts in WebWorks app

Ever since the release of SDK 0.9.4 my application 'Screamager' suffers from random restarts at times. It's a miracle (for which I'm grateful) that nobody has complained about this yet in reviews but it's definitely a problem. My app is becoming pretty well-polished and feature rich by now so this issue is kind of a blemish on the whole thing.

At seemingly random moments, especially when hitting menu items / buttons etc. a bit quickly my app simply restarts itself. It never really crashes but it goes back to the state as if the app were just started.

This CANNOT be a fault in my code. I'm 100% certain it's not. Therefore I'm completely unable to debug this, let alone get rid of the problem.

I don't know if this is because my app is an extremely Javascript intensive one or something else but I'd really like to get this fixed.

First: Is anyone else experiencing this kind of behavior in their webworks app?

Second, for RIM I guess, what can be done to investigate this problem and possibly fix it?

I'm pretty sure it's something in the platform itself because the issue never occurred in SDK 0.9.3. It appeared in 0.9.4 and it's still there on the latest SDK and the PlayBook itself.

Please advise,

Marco

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Random restarts in WebWorks app

i have seen a similar behavior in webworks applications on a phone. Never was able to get down to an answer, but it seemed to happen after having the application running for a long period of time (days)
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Random restarts in WebWorks app

Ok what the hell folks (RIM) I posted this days ago AND filed an issue in the issue tracker and got ZERO response. Not even a 'we got it, we're going to investigate!'. Nothing.

Is there even a point in reporting issues / bugs here or in the issue tracker?

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App