Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Recently Updated Section on Blackberry App World

[ Edited ]

There is no longer the 'Recently Updated' section under Blackberyy App World 2.0 for Playbook.

What's going to be the motivation to push updates from developers when nobody can see it ? They should definitely have this section like before.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Recently Updated Section on Blackberry App World

Its still there, but has been renamed to "New Arrivals".  Click on either the Games or Apps tab, and you will see this option available at the bottom of the screen.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Developer

Adam: I thought 'New Arrivals' only lists brand new apps. Is this not true? Does it also includes recently updated apps? Previously we had 'New' apps section and a separate 'Recently Updated' apps section.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None yet

[ Edited ]

Considering the multiple thousands of apps that were recently submitted, I think it might be a good idea to make that page larger than the most recent 25. However, in the 5 days that I've been here, I've only seen about 10 new apps a day when I look.

It also doesn't show my own apps, even though one was just updated about 15 mintues ago.

If there's no way to see recently updated apps, then we become everything that is wrong with the Android store (except for the extra 3%+ that they tack on for payment processing), and if they are jammed into the same page as New, then they all get lost during a glut like this (unless new gets expanded to include say the last 48 hours of apps, rather than the last 25)

There's also no apparent way to sort a view in the app catalog by date, by popularity, or what not.  Need to make it easy to find apps, not hard.  

New Developer

I agree top 25 should be at least top 50, otherwise it's very hard to get noticed. There is no 'Trending' section...

Also the icons are so small and text is hard to read. There is no full screen view of the screnshots, RIM really need to work on these things.

My recently updated app never appeared on any section. So it just got lost... 

New Developer

I just checked Android Market is displaying 500 apps on the Top Free and Top Paid section. RIM is displaying 25 apps!! Common guys...