Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 77
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
My Device: Playbook, BB10
My Carrier: Orange

Render issue in .2320

Hello,

 

After the last update it seems that the render bug introduced in the previous release actually got worse. Interestingly enough it only happens when I have my app open and also the bbui.js samples open. If I open only my app(also built using bbui.js) or only bbui.js samples everything is smooth as it should be. I attached a couple of screenshots bellow. 

 

IMG_00000107.pngIMG_00000108.pngIMG_00000109.png

Regular Contributor
Posts: 77
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
My Device: Playbook, BB10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Render issue in .2320

Can someone please confirm to also have issues running two webworks apps simultaneously?

(built using latest beta bbui.js, don't know if that has anything to do, but I suspect that the fading/sliding HW accelerated effects cause the issue) 

Contributor
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎03-07-2012
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Playbook 16GB, Z10 LE
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Render issue in .2320

I'm having render issues with the latest OS in my app as well.  The issues are improved over the previous OS but rendering is still not perfect.  I've also noticed that if I run the browser and my app simultaneously then the rendering issues worsen considerably.  This behaviour may be similar to what you are seeing running two webworks apps simultaneously. 

 

DM

 

 

------------
"The shortest answer is doing." - Jacula Prudentum
My app: Cashalyst
Regular Contributor
Posts: 77
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
My Device: Playbook, BB10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Render issue in .2320

Thanks for the confirmation, DigitalMaestro. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
Posts: 761
Registered: ‎10-01-2009
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Render issue in .2320

Hi there,

 

Which device do you have A or B?

Regular Contributor
Posts: 77
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
My Device: Playbook, BB10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Render issue in .2320

Dev Alpha A, sorry I forgot to mention Smiley Happy

Contributor
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎03-30-2012
My Device: Developer - Curve 8250
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Render issue in .2320

Also seeing this with Dev Alpha A. Both the checkerboard image as shown above as well as whole 'screen lengths' that fail to render. Sometimes if you scroll down enough then another portion of the page renders. I think this is limited to the Web Browser seeing as I've seen it when viewing a webpage like bing.com as well as when developing an Webworks application.

 

I've heard that the Dev Alpha B's have different hardware which is closer to the final phones so I understand if the testing is being aimed at these units, although if some love could be shown to us A owners to get rid of this bug it'd be appreciated!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
Posts: 761
Registered: ‎10-01-2009
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Render issue in .2320

Just curious if you've ever tried to reproduce this in the simulator?  Myself, I've never seen this happen at all, then again I am on a Dev B.

 

Also, I assume after a hard reset you're seeing this still?

Regular Contributor
Posts: 77
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
My Device: Playbook, BB10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Render issue in .2320

I have a strong feeling that what I reported above and this https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/issues/588 are related. I also opened a thread about that bug here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/HW-Acceleration-limit-in-Dev-Alp... 

 

No I didn't try to reproduce in the simulator and neither to do a hard reset. I  think that a hard reset won't solve anything because the exact same behaviour is present in my girlfriend's Alpha A device.

Contributor
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎03-30-2012
My Device: Developer - Curve 8250
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Render issue in .2320

Just to follow up with your comment andreyavram I am seeing this also involving large lists with images. I have an application that displays anywhere between 60-90 items with pictures using the bbui.js toolkit using the image list component. I'm not doing any transformation on the images, but if the toolkit is underneath then perhaps this helps to track down this issue.

 

I can confirm that hard resetting the device resolves the issue temporarily, but I've had this problem each day at seemingly random times.