Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Reports of people unable to download my app :(

So I'm getting reports from people being unable to download my app from AppWorld. They get some sort of error. If anyone would like to try it for me to see if this is a universal issue I'd greatly appreciate it. The app name is 'Screamager' and it's 99 cents. If you don't want to pay this I'll be happy to paypal you the 99 cents back.

Let me know...

*really mad about this*

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Reports of people unable to download my app :(

Hi Marco,

Any more info about the types of errors your users are receiving?  Can the application launch successfully, or are there in-app errors (if so, do you know what part of the app folks are having trouble with )?

I just loaded the app myself, and it looks fine to me, however in these early phases of the Tablet OS' lifecycle, I won't rule out issues that deserve further investigation:

IMG_00000007.jpg

Lets try to get more information about the behavior reported by your users, as well as any other specifics, and troubleshoot this futher.

Sound good? 

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

Thanks for trying! once the app is there it runs fine for everyone so no issue there.

When I first tried it last night I kept getting 'Error 3300' both with PayPal and VISA as payment options. After 10+ tries I finally got it. I asked someone else today and it worked for them now too so I guess we can start assuming it's just being glitchy?

The one thing that really bugged me was the fact that a price change kicks in instantly but a description change does not. After 2 days they still haven't updated the description which is really embarrassing because it reads it's free while it's not.

I'd much rather have both price changes and description changes be deployed simultaneously...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

The payment authorization error sounds like a valid issue.  Have you escalated to the BlackBerry App World Vendor Support team?

As for the timing of when your description content is refreshed, I believe it should be 48 hours to sync through all the cache servers. 

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

I'm replying from my PlayBook! Wow  the keyboard on this device is really usable and fast. Thank you to all the people who worked so hard to get this to market. 

I would love to download Screamager for free... Please reduce the price.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Ditto to greenback's request. Would be nice if some apps are free when developers receive their free PlayBooks from RIM sometime after Friday, April 22.
Developer

There are tons of free apps! Smiley Happy