Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Ripple Emulator Does Nothing When Selecting Any Build Option

That's the issue then.

If you add the following to your shortcut for Chrome it should let you load files locally.

--enable-extensions --allow-file-access-from-files

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

sorry I feel stupid, how do I do that.  Do I do it in chrome somewhere or do I do it in the command prompt?

Developer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Software Developer

Yes, you have to. I ran into the same trouble today. It's really bad there is no tipp on download page Smiley Sad

No problem,

Find your shortcut for Google Chrome, right-click it, and select PROPERTIES

In the TARGET field add the following:

--enable-extensions --allow-file-access-from-files

Here's what mine entire target shortcut looks like for reference:

C:\Users\ctetreault\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --enable-extensions --allow-file-access-from-files

Now that you've got that added, launch Chrome then click on the little wrench icon in the top right of the toolbar.  Select Tools > Extensions

Where it lists Ripple, click the check-box that says "Allow access to file URLs".

When you close, and re-launch Chrome you should now be able to load Ripple in a local environment Smiley Happy 

Developer

Great got it to be able to be enabled for a local file now, but now it wont read the config.xml file and it still just does the blue flash on the button when pressing any build option and nothing happens after.  Any ideas on getting that config file to show up? it is in the root directory, it worked when on the web server just fine, but not local server.  

thanks again

If all your files are stored locally and you're running it in Ripple, it should be loading the config.xml just fine.

I would recomend trying to disable/re-enable Ripple, and even clicking the change platform button (which has helped me deal with some browser caching frustrations in the past).

Developer

That's not working for me.  I even tried it on all 3 of my computers and am having no luck, even with the helloworld example which has the config file in it I am still getting the message

"Expected to find a configuration file for your application, but none is present. Please create a configuration file with the following name in the root directory of your application: undefined"

Developer

okay got that to work, but changing the folder of the file to the inetpub/wwwroot folder and running it on localhost.  but still just the blue flash when trying to package at all.  No dots appearing beside it or progress reports, or errors, no nothing, just the blue blink of the button

Developer

okay finally got it to work, stupid me.  

So first of all I was screwing up because I should of used the new ripple, but I was using the old one of the extensions site because I couldn't figure out how to put the new one off developer.blackberry.com/html5 onto chrome (which you simply open up the extensions in chrome and drag the file you downloaded into the extensions section of chrome)

next I was screwing up with the author.p12 file, so had to redo that and voilla it is good now. 

Thanks again for all your help and fast responses