Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL
Accepted Solution

Ripple Emulator - no way to refresh the content, without reloading the whole page.

Dear Forums

Using Ripple 0.9.4 in Google Chrome Version 19.0.1084.53 for the Mac OSX 1.7.4 

I have not found a way to reload the application in the Emulator only, without needing to reload the whole page.

It would be great if we could only update the device content instead of the whole page.

This also ties into an issue related to the Ripple settings for building -> reloading the page drop the passwords for signing and the device. (separate post for that )

If this needs to be an issue in the issue tracker, please let me know.

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Ripple Emulator - no way to refresh the content, without reloading the whole page.

Update to the latest version, but I don't think this is resolved. If you submit it to the Issues on Github, that would be best.

https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI/issues

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Developer
My Device: Z30

Re: Ripple Emulator - no way to refresh the content, without reloading the whole page.

Sometimes it works. When I refresh the page using a keyboard shortcut, sometimes only the app frame is refreshed and sometimes everything is refreshed.

A workaround for that is to right click on the app frame content and choose "Reload frame" instead of a keyboard shortcut.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blog alopix.net
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I've thrown the following issue into Github to help track this problem:

https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI/issues/386

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

Thanks Adam,

I hadn't found the time to do it myself.

If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Developer

Installed Ripple 0.9.5 (no sorry 0.9.6 according to the extension itself -> package only shows 0.9.5, but when dragging he extensio nto chrome that lists 0.9.6)

Pressing F5 refreshes the content in the emulator perfectly.

kind reagrds,

Dennis

-> any Documentation on the keys supported and how they funcion in ripple ?

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: o2

in the current release of ripple 0.9.16 the problem still exists and its very painful

Plase "+Like" my post if it was helpful.