Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Ripple Emulator stopped getting external XML, can't work this out

[ Edited ]

Hi

I'm building an app, and all was going well until yesterday. I don't know if this is related to the recent update to Ripple Emulator or not. I'm using the Ripple Chrome Extension.

When calling an external XML file I started getting the error "Error: Invalid XML: Disallowed Key Characters." I straight away validated the XML (which is coming from http://data.tyde.info/xml/)and it was fine. I then thought that maybe it couldn't access the URL for whatever reason, but that domain is allowed access in my config.xml file

I can't work this out at all, nothing's changed in terms of the code base, I just went to pick up the project. There's nothing in the inspector to suggest anythings wrong. I've googled the Disallowed Key Characters error and nothings been of any help. ANY IDEAS WELCOMED!! Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Ripple Emulator stopped getting external XML, can't work this out

Hi,

Can you share any code with us? namely the part of the code that's generating that error. I don't think the latest release of Ripple could have caused this, but I think I need a bit more detail to verify.

thanks,

Dan.