Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: 02

Ripple Feedback

After the JAM in London last week, i have a few suggestions for Ripple, if they have already been made, great, if not, then it would be good to see them intergrated into Ripple.

Javascript On/Off switch, given that some devices are only using HTML 4 browsers, it would be good to see what the device would look like with no JS on.  We use a test to determine if a browser cuts the mustard, if it doesnt, it is served a version of our site without progressive enhancement (feature phone)

User selectable device reporting size - I would like the option to be able to manually set the reporting size of the browser window.  Most of the high resolution devices are getting out tablet layout as Ripple is incorrectly reporting a resolution capable of supporting our tablet styles, this makes testing very difficult. 

ScreenShots - Able to take a single screenshot, but also multiple screenshots of many devices for design approval.

Headers - I use modify headers to set data sources, adverts and locations, it would be nice to see options like that included in ripple. 

Most of these things i already use daily, but i think there is a good possibility of using Ripple to make a single place to do a lot of work and testing.

David Blooman - BBC News

@davey_blooman