Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: movistar

Re: Ripple no work

Hi,

You can also download Ripple from the original company (http://tinyhippos.com/) as a Chrome extension. I solved my problem with Ripple but I have continued with the Chrome version. It is almost the same and I am right now finishing my first WebWork application.

Regards

Pedro

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Bell

Hi, Can you try setting windowContent to http://www.bing.com/ or some other simple site to see if it still crashes?

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: various models
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi, I've now tested with "http://www.bing.com/" as value to the windowContent setting, but it still crashes - on both computers: Notebook with win7 (x64) and desktop pc with win7 (x86).

Both computers connected to the internet and there are no proxy used. (strll writing this reply on the notebook, so internet connect must be available :-))

Thanks for your reply and greetings

Christian

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

Having the same problem here, Notebook Win7 (x86), clean install of Ripple, first startup gives me a blank white screen, second start (and each one after that) gives me the same error that Christian27 has.

Right-click on Ripple.exe -> Properties -> Setting the compability mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3 does not crash, however I also get the white screen.

All I can do there is right-click, -> Inspect, and what I see from my Web Inspector is the following:

'Failed to load resource: Cannot open file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Research In Motion/Ripple 0.9.0.11: Path is a directory'

Any ideas? I'd rather prefer using the application than the Chrome extension because it's supposed to make the packaging process easier (though, of course, I can't confirm it, as long as it does not run)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
New Contributor

Hello,

now it work's ... a bit.

I've
-> deinstalled Ripple Version 0.9.0.11 by windows deinstallations routines,
-> rebooted the computer,
-> manually removed the "Rearch in Motion"-Folder in the "program files", and "%APPDATA%"
-> downloaded and installed the new version 0.9.0.14

After another reboot of the system, the start of ripple leads to the same error message as before. BUT after I update the settings in the config.ini file:

-> open "config.ini" in the "%APPDATA%" folder
-> change the value "index.html" of the "windowContent" entry to
    windowContent=http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/update/rippleui

ripple 0.9.0.14 starts without any error message!

These procedure works on all of my computers and OS's (Windows7 64bit, Windows XP 32 bit and Windows7 32 bit).

First tests with ripple are all succeed. BUT only the four menu entries associated to the wrench at the top right ("Package" "Package & Sign", "Package & Lauch" and "Settings") stays deaktivated, so packaging and signing has to be done manually.

Greetings
 Chistian

PS: I've just updated ripple to the the new version: 0.9.0.16 with the exactly same result - ripple starts and works but packaging/signing is not possible and the settings are not available.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Did the above, but in my install (Ripple 0.9.0.16) the config.ini file was missing entirely from the directory. So, I created it and copied the text from here and changed the line "windowContent" as you suggested and then Ripple started.

I have a HP 2133, VIA C7-M 1.6 GHz, 2GB, Windows 7 32bit
New Contributor

That's correct. Before first start of ripple the configuration file: "config.ini" does not exits.

So start ripple, wait for error message, confirm it and close the blank ripple window (if it does not close it automatically). After that the "config.ini" should be created in your "%APPDATA%" folder.

But your solution, by manually creation should also work :-)

Greetings

Christian

Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Same problem here about msvcr90.dll as posted before. Application doesn't start....

Windows XP SP3 x86

Ripple 0.9.0.16

None of the possible solutions posted before works.

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: h3g

Hi
I m working with W7 x86, Java SDK 7 build 119 32, BB WebWorks SDK 2.3.0.9 and Ripple 0.9.0.16

if i simply launch Ripple the system return the error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
runtime error!
Program: C:\...

if i set the compatibility to Vista SP2, it start but with a clear page.
The only action i can do is Inspect, with the result:

Failed to load resource: Cannot open file:///C:/Program Files/Research In Motion/Ripple 0.9.0.16: Path is a directory

The config.ini is missing and create on not create it is indifferent for Ripple!!

please do something..

Pennak

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: -

Same problem here on Windows Vista 32-bit, German (runtime error, white window), had to add the line

windowContent=http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/update/rippleui