Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: ATT

Run Playbook Simulator on Windows Vista Business (32 bit)

Has anyone been able to get the Playbook simulator working with Windows Vista Business (32 bit)?

I tried setting up my dev environment for the Playbook. When I try launching the Playbook simulator, I can never get past the splash screen. I seen a lot of posts for people experiencing the same issue. Just not with my OS version...

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Run Playbook Simulator on Windows Vista Business (32 bit)

Well, I was able to get the Playbook simulator to fully load the home screen twice. Not sure what it was exactly that made it work.

First I tried manually setting the monitor and resolution in the VMware Player. That didn't work, so I then I selected "Use host settings for monitor" and then increased the memory to 2 mb. Finally it loaded.

However, I don't get the time and hammer icon at the top of the home screen. The settings button is available in the upper right of the home screen. Once I click on that to enable development mode and get the ip of the Playbook, there is no way to get back to the home screen. Clicking the back button doesn't always seem to work. So I am sometimes stuck on the settings screen...

Other than that, the Playbook simulator doesn't work all of the time. Some times it just loads to a completely black screen. What a hassle...

I don't know about this. I was enthusiastic about trying out Blackberry Playbook development, but have barely (if at all) made it through the set up process. After searching on this site, I was surprised at how many people have been experiencing similar issues with the simulator. Maybe things will get better when it is out of beta, we'll see...