Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SAVE WAV AUDIO OR CONVERT AMR TO WAV

I am saving some audio int amr format by using Manager.createPlayer("capture://audio?encoding=audio/amr"); but I don't know how to save it in a wav file. If this is not possible, how could I convert it to wav file. 

Contributor

Re: SAVE WAV AUDIO OR CONVERT AMR TO WAV

I am still trying to get this. Anyone please?

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Are you recording audio with the Microphone?  If so you can use the WebWorks microphone API that will allow you to save as WAV.

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/webworks/api/blackberry.media.microphone.html

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Contributor

Actually I did this before Microphone API was supported, so I created my own javascript extension. And I prefer to do it with it, now I am thinking about convert from amr to wav, so i can send my audio file to the server as an amr and convert it there. Do you know something about this conversion?
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The full source code for the Microphone API can be found in the "ext" directory of your WebWorks SDK install.  I believe there is AMR to WAV code in there that you could use.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Device: 9100

[ Edited ]

I am trying the same here, and driving myself crazy, to be honest. It would be great if this AMR to WAV code you mention were there, but I can't find it... Could you help me with it?