Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

SDK 2.2 build fails on OS5 with ScrollView not found

I've built a WebWorks extension in Java which creates a page containing a MainScreen with a HorizontalFieldManager at the top and a VerticalFieldManager below it.  If I build an application with this extension using SDK 2.2 (which contains the updated net_rim_api.jar) then on launch of the application in an OS 5 simulator I get a runtime exception of "Class net.rim.device.api.ui.ScrollView not found."  I am not directly using ScrollView in my extension as I am only using API available in OS 5.

If instead of using the net_rim_api.jar provided with SDK 2.2, I use the net_rim_api.jar from the OS 5 JDE then my application builds and runs fine on OS 5.  I'm guessing the fact that ScrollView was inserted in the inheritance chain of VerticalFieldManager/HorizontalFieldManager for OS 6 is causing the issue since the net_rim_api.jar provided with SDK 2.2 is based off of OS 7.

Is there anyway around this with the single net_rim_api.jar provided with SDK 2.2?  I'm still of the belief that it would have been a better strategy to provide multiple net_rim_api.jar in the SDK and then use the build to conditionally compile based on the applications desired targets (via config.xml flag).

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Telcel

Re: SDK 2.2 build fails on OS5 with ScrollView not found

Hi.

I wonder if you ever got a solution to this situation. I got the same error when compiling an app in webworks SDK 2.2 but I'm not using anything related to scroll view; It happens when I include the payment API.

Thanks in advance.