Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AIRTEL
Accepted Solution

Scaling issue in Iframe

In bb10 webworks application, we have used the Webview(Iframe) components, but it  doesn’t looks proper.

Webview contents are shrunk. We understand that it is happening because BBUI framework sets the initial-scale as “0.4464285714285714” (1/2.27) to main page( Index.html).

This initial-scale impacts the iframe content appearance.

We tried out below approaches to resolve it. But it dint work out.

1.       Sets the higher initial Scale to iframe page. But it didn’t consider the initial-scale whatever we sets in the iframe.

2.       Sets the intial-scale as 1 in main page. Then Iframe appears properly. but other contents in main page appears big in size.

3.       Scaled the iframe to 2.27 times using CSS scaling property. It enlarges the content, but contents are blurred.

Please someone help me to fix this

Retired
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Scaling issue in Iframe

Hi,

The viewport of the remote site being loaded inside of the iFrame DOES NOT inherit the viewport properties of the parent application.

You will either need to have control of the remote content in the iframe, and change its viewport accordingly; Or set the height and width of the iFrame to force an optimal experience.  

Have a read of this post: 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/iFrame-viewport/td-p/2459671

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.