Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: Developer

Re: Scroll issue on lists

No it wont work on playbooks. The solution i prompted here is for devices having track ball for navigation.

Another solution i came up with is you can determine the size of the screen with screen.height

And you need to know the each elements height .,

//determining the number of elements fits on screen space
var numofItemsFitsInScreen = screen.height/eachElementHeight;

if the the number of elements you have is greater than the numofItemsFitsInScreen

then you can use the javascript to show only numofItemsFitsInScreen number of items on screen and show next and previous buttons just like forms

even i have the same issue as yours and i solved it like this., by showing the number of pages and previous, next buttons.

you also want to have last and first buttons too ;-)

i'm not at office so i cant take screen shot of my app but it looks like this (is 3 is the current page)

First  Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 .. Next Last

use as much css as you want to make it look cool

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

@onelord2002  Thanks very much for the great reply.  I like what you have done.  I also appreciate your taking the time to set it out.  Have a good one!

My Device: 9810
My Carrier: 0

hi i am not able to scroll list using this.. actually when i write this scroll function it will give run time exception.please help
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: 0

sir how to use when i get display list of web service data..
My Device: no device
My Carrier: airtel

Problem with this approach is that once we use this on device, user can really scroll very fast using the track ball, and that crashes the application. Because so many functions get called in continuation.

Any suggestions to fix that are welcome.

New Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Airtel

Does this work with paragraphs as well?