Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9300
My Carrier: 529626251723114
Accepted Solution

Sencha Touch BlackBerry 10 Theme

Hi,

I want to talk about the the Sencha BlackBerry 10 Theme, which is available in the Sencha Touch 2.3 version.

We create HTML 5 apps similar to native Cascades apps. Sencha itself used its SenchaCon developer event for announce this new theme through the session called  "Porting Sencha Apps for an Astonishing BlackBerry Experience.

The new upgrade to the BlackBerry 10 Theme in Sencha Touch 2.3 Beta emulate many more UI components and provide a more authentic BlackBerry 10 look and feel.

The following is a list of components that have been themed:

• Action Menu
  • Action Bars
  • Application/Overflow Menu
  • Toolbars
  • BlackBerry 10 Icons
  • Buttons
  • Sliders
  • Tabs
  • Toggles
  • And others.

You can download the beta BlackBerry 10 theme below.

http://cdn.sencha.io/touch/related/bb10.zip

Developer
My Device: playbook developer
My Carrier: playbook developer

Re: Sencha Touch BlackBerry 10 Theme

Hi,

The link that you gave has the theme for Touch 2.1 according to the Readme file. The beta (per Sencha forums) is available here: http://sc13-live.sencha.com/touch/touch-2.3.0-beta.zip

Do you know if the BlackBerry theme inside the BlackBerry example that comes with the beta is usable? I got an error with the compass, when compiling it.

thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Yes, the 2.3 theme is usable with BlackBerry 10.  In fact, we presented a 4 hour 'bootcamp' at Sencha Con that showed developers how to use this theme with the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK.

Here is a link to that presentation:

http://www.slideshare.net/n_adam_stanley/sencha-touchonbb10-bootcamp

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

Thanks!

Hmm.. I am having some problems with the toolbar (it is perfect on Ripple but some buttons/icons are missing in the actual device).

Would it be possible for you to share the BB10 Starater Code example for Architect.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Are you still experiencing problems with displaying the toolbar?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

I kind of figured it out. It seems something wrong with the Architect setup; I was using the Touch 2.3 for the BlackBerry theme and packaging. However, in the Architect you (at least) I could not update the project library any further than Touch 2.2.

Packaging with 2.2 and still using the 2.3 theme gave me a stable but not perfect output (The title bar is not there but rather the title is in the bottom navigation bar). I will wait for the official release for the next update of my app.

Thanks for the follow up!