Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Share Card issues in WebWorks Application

I am trying to use a Share Card in my webworks app and have encountered two issues.

First, when the application is in landscape mode, I cannot select the last item in the list as it is hidden under the scroll. The scroll effect (drag upward) allows me to see it, but there is no way to select it as letting go of the scroll hides it off screen again.

Second, I cannot determine a way to order the list without writing my own share card screen. After a device restart, I found that the list order changed. I'd like to alphabetize the list order by title.

I mainly want to use the built in Share invocation to allow the user to share text across any application they may be using that supports it. In writing my own share card, I'd be limiting them to whichever application card invocations I write.

New Developer

Re: Share Card issues in WebWorks Application

After the 10.1 software update on my Z10, the list is now fully usable and no items get hidden in scrolling.

Issue with list order still exists, though I wonder if it is because I am in debug mode.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

The share chard retreives a list of valid targets and the order is based on what the system decides to offer. Unfortunately there is no parameter to determine a sort order.

The invokeTargetPicker card simply leverages the query function:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.invoke.html#.query

And then provides a UI for the results. You could implement this yourself though the trickiest part would likely be recreating the UI for selection.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Developer

Sadly that is what I thought. Oh well.

Thanks!