Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Sign all files in OTAInstall folder

Hi,

I am new in blackberry development.

I have a problem.  I create an application for my blackberry smart phone and build the application named as "MyApp".  After I build the application I got a new folder "OTAInstall". In my "OTAInstall" folder I have more files like "MyApp.cod, MyApp-1.cod, MyApp-2.cod, MyApp-3.cod, MyApp-4.cod, MyApp-5.cod, MyApp-6.cod etc. ".  I try the method, which one you mesioned above, then The application is installed in my phone, but wheh I try to run the applciation, then it display an error like this.

"Error starting MyApp: Module 'MyApp-1' attempts to access a secure API".  I understood that, the only file "MyApp.cod" is signed in the "OTAInstall" and other files are not.  How can I signed the other files.

Please advice.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Sign all files in OTAInstall folder

Hi there,

When you're packaging your application you need to use the -g flag to sign it.  Here's a link to the documentation which will explain things more in-depth, and should get you pointed in the right direction Smiley Wink (https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_your_app_1920008_11.html).

For example:

bbwp C:\myapp\myarchive.zip -g myKeystorePassword --buildId 10 -o C:\myapp\output

New Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Sign all files in OTAInstall folder

Hi,

Thank you for your help.  It is working fine now.

Sabeesh