Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Signing app on Mac with SDK 1.0.1.8 ends with: execvp(): No such file or directory

Same:

./bbwp /Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10/fivedice.zip -o /Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10 -g <mypass> --buildId 53
[INFO]    Populating application source
[INFO]    Parsing config.xml
[INFO]    Generating output files
[INFO]    Info: Package created: /Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10/simulator/fivedice.bar
[INFO]    Info: Package created: /Users/rory/Documents/git/BB_Apps/fivedice/build/bb10/device/fivedice.bar
[INFO]    execvp(): No such file or directory

Could there be something permissions wise that would cause that error? Long shot since it compiles/signs with the 1.0.1.4 SDK fine, but worth asking.

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Retired
My Device: 9800

Re: Signing app on Mac with SDK 1.0.1.8 ends with: execvp(): No such file or directory

at least you have a work around for now. 

Can you give me the exact zip you trying to sign? Anyone that fails.

@nukulb
Developer

I just sent you two, I think I got your email address right..

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Defect logged and work around posted here:

https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-Webworks-Packager/issues/177

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

I'm running into the same issue and the posted work around doesn't seem to fix it for me. My PATH variable looks like this:

ryans-macbook-pro:~ rrenna$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/bin:/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin:/Developer/SDKs/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.1.8/dependences/tools/bin

But I still get the same error:

[INFO]    execvp(): No such file or directory

Developer

I actually am having problems with it too I just didn't have a chance to follow-up yet. There is another work-around that takes a little more effort. Are you working via the command line?

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Contributor

I am working completely in the command line yes. Any workaround would be appriciated.

Developer

[ Edited ]

This is a weird workaround but it gets it done:

1 - Run BBWP as you normally would, this creates the bar file you need to work with.

2 - Change to the sub directory 'dependencies/tools/bin' and then run ./blackberry-signer -storepass <your password> <location of bar file you just created>

That signs the file properly and allows you to deploy it. 

I just checked the issue as well, looks like the problem was and has been fixed for the next release, so hopefully this should be a short term problem

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Contributor

This resolved the issue for me, very much appreciated.
Retired
My Device: 9800

The basic problem is that the blackberry-signer is not in your path.

so all you need to do is make sure that the blackberry-signer is added to your path.

do this 

export PATH=$PATH:/Developer/SDKs/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.1.8/dependences/tools/bin

So after you apply $PATH workaround above make sure that it actually worked by doing the following-

1. Open a new tab in the terminal

2. just type " which blackberry-signer "  (without the quotes)

You should see the location of the blackberry-signer.

If you don't see the location then you know you didn't add the correct path to the dependencies/tools/bin folder.

@nukulb