Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB OS Version 1.0.8.6067
My Carrier: Gogeco

Signing app submission for BlackBerry PlayBook

Hello everyone.

I have received confirmation of a successful submission of my PlayBook application but have been advised that the app must be "signed".

I have successfully completed and validated all steps in the procedure as outlined in the blog post

"http://devblog.blackberry.com/2011/02/blackberry-signing-tool/"  that I was directed to by the BlackBerry Developer Program Team except the very last one.

Below is the info from that last step

Sign the .bar file for a BlackBerry WebWorks application

You can sign your BlackBerry® WebWorks™ application when you compile it, by using the password that you defined when you requested and installed the registry key.

Use the BlackBerry® WebWorks™ Packager and specify the -gcsk, -gp12, and -buildId options with their respective passwords:

bbwp "C:\myarchive.zip" -gcsk mycskpassword -gp12 myp12password -buildId 10 -o "C:\myoutputdir"

All items indicated are available as a result of the earlier steps.

None of the command line parameters suggested in this procedure are recognized by the bbwp command. Is this a known problem or am I missing something?

I am very anxious to complete the submission process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Terry

Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Signing app submission for BlackBerry PlayBook

make sure you have the latest 0.9.4 sdk installed. I didnt have any issues with the signing.

Also read this completely: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/BlackBerry-Signing-Tool-for-Tablet-OS-Now-Liv...

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Signing app submission for BlackBerry PlayBook

0.9.4 sdk bbwp command is like

bbwp ... -gcsk mycskpassword -gp12 myp12password -buildId 10

0.9.3 sdk bbwp command is like

bbwp ... /gcsk mycskpassword /gp12 myp12password /buildId 10