Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
03-28-2011 05:33 PM
Since the mobile booming is growing i was very glad when i hear about webworks to start a step forward with blackberry development.
i have some questions that really i dont find any answer for it @ internet
1. Twitter xAuth integration, i cant even use anything from twitter since no documantation
2. FaceBook Connect Butoon how to.
3. Navigation and passing parms from index.html to x.html
4. Phone Gap is a really great toools why not you supported with at least documantation
5. For now i find many way to do cross plat form ajax function that get/send data to server that works on 6,5,4
6. no tutorials of how to use data online and how to use local storage and how the session in app looklike
i hope to get the answers here in the official forums since i am tired looking around
thanks alot in advance
03-29-2011 12:57 AM
Hi moe85, this is the right place to be asking these types of questions. Welcome to the Web forums, home of may friendly experts happy to assist
Let me get you started:
1. Have you see the Twitter API Wiki?
2. I have personally not used Facebook Connect - would love to hear from other developers who've had success with this. Did the Facebook developer's site? http://developers.facebook.com/
3. You can transfer data between pages using cookies, URL query string, HTML5 local/session storage, Web DB, etc.
4. We are happy to hear of developers using PhoneGap, which is a great tool for creating BlackBerry apps. it is a 3rd party product though, and if you are looking for documentation, I'd recommend http://docs.phonegap.com/
5. Can you pls clarify what is your question?
6. What do you mean by "data online"? For local storage, the Internet is your friend This is a standardized HTML5 API (http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/), so many developers have produced great learning resources and published them on your sites. For example: http://diveintohtml5.org/storage.html
03-29-2011 04:50 AM
i am so glad for your reply this is the first time i see helpful reply in very short time,
1. i have check the twitter API Wiki but i cant find i tutorial or a way to Authnticate users on blackberry webworks, i think i can display the tweets for a username or hashtag but to make the app useful the user have to interact with the tweets not just seen it.
3. are there detailed tutorial around ?
5. my question was i find many way to use XHR with BB Webworks App, what is the best one that works on all BB OS 4,5,6
7. i would like to add question about JQuery Mobile and is it supported 100% by BB OS 5,6