Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 8298611647

Touchmove event

1. With the 2.0 update, the cqnvas'ad become really fast, but the touch events are so slow that a lot of apps will do a lot of lag, affecting the experience, is there a way to bypass the javascript events, and get a fasted c++ implementation? It's posible to ask rim for an API hack for the touchs events?

2. Is there a way to get right-down bezel swipe in for custom options into an app? It is possible on c++?

3. If flash'll not be supported further on mobile.devices, will the WebWorks-AIR-Native structure be compromised? I mean, if there will be not flash anymore, the WebWorks extension we do today will have no future at all?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Touchmove event

2) What do you mean by "right-down"? The only bezel swipe available to apps built with any SDK is the top. The bottom is to minimize and left/right are for app switching.

3) Browser Flash support is being discontinued, AIR is not. Even then, RIM has said they intend to continue supporting Flash and are able to as they have a source code license.
--------
Taylor Byrnes