Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Trouble Opening Sample Index File Using Ripple

I am trying to test a sample application on my Mac.

When I put file:///Users/Admin_/Documents/Software_Projects/Prep/audiotag/index.html

in the Ripple address box and press enter, nothing happens.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Trouble Opening Sample Index File Using Ripple

You should host your project on a local server in order to display on ripple. In my case, I used XAMPP for hosting my project then access it on the standalone ripple emulator as "localhost/MyProject/index.html"

Hope that helps.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for this info. I was looking for a way to do this without downloading and configuring a lot of software.

I did a search and one of the Blackberry Dev Advisors said that it is possible to use dropbox as the web server (link below). I am going to give that a try first to see if it works. It would save me some time.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/new-to-web-development/m-p/13740...

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Dropbox works. It seems that you have to put the index, config and supporting files in your Public dropbox folder.

Then, you need to open your Dropbox account in a browser, navigate to the Public folder, right click on the index file, select Copy Public Link, and  then paste this link to the Ripple address bar.

This means that your files are publicly exposed, but at least you can do a quick test to see if something is working and delete your files from the public folder when you're done.