Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Trouble building Cordova app

Hello,

When I run "sudo cordova build", I get the following:

Generating config.xml from defaults for platform "blackberry10"
Preparing blackberry10 project
Compiling app on platform "blackberry10" via command "/home/dlau/dev/Hymnbooks/platforms/blackberry10/cordova/build" 
[Error: An error occurred while building the blackberry10 project./home/dlau/dev/Hymnbooks/platforms/blackberry10/cordova/build: 4: /home/dlau/dev/Hymnbooks/platforms/blackberry10/cordova/build: source: not found
]

I figured that this problem is because the build script is #!/bin/sh, which cannot access 'source' on Ubuntu. I am running Ubuntu. So I changed the build script to #!/bin/bash.

Also, the CORDOVA_DIR variable does not appear to be resolving correctly. So I forced it to: "/home/squished18/dev/Hymnbooks/platforms/blackberry10/cordova"

After making these changes and running "sudo cordova build" again, I get the following:

Generating config.xml from defaults for platform "blackberry10"
Preparing blackberry10 project
Compiling app on platform "blackberry10" via command "/home/squished18/dev/Hymnbooks/platforms/blackberry10/cordova/build" 
[Error: An error occurred while building the blackberry10 project.]

This error message does not indicate to me where the problem might be.

Would anyone have any ideas as to what steps I might take next to track this down?

Thanks,

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Trouble building Cordova app

Do you have the NDK directory on your path, or did you run the bbndk-env.sh file to set up your path before trying to build?

If you build with the -d option, it will give you more detail as to what might be going on. Which Cordova version are you working with?

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead