Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Two instances of emulator in a machine

Hi, we're trying to run two emulators from eclipse, but when we run the second one get an error like "Port in Use - BlackBerry Device Simulator: Could not open port 19780 because it is in use by another program (possibly another instance of this simulator). You must close the other program for network operations to function correctly."

We have tried to change the file 'rimpublic' to change the UDP.send.default property to another port distinct to 19780 but it hasn't worked, we get the same error about port 19780. We've also changed the file 'fledge-settings.conf' modifying the three data-port to make them different from one device simulator to the other but it never works.

Any help?

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Two instances of emulator in a machine

I do not believe it was possible previously for two emulators to be running on the same machine. I know it is now possible through the BBM Social platform, but I believe they use special device and mds sims. Find more details here.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Two instances of emulator in a machine

Hi

Check out this post from a while ago.

I was able to run mutiple simulators.

multiple simulators