Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

UI Rendering on ripple Emulator 9860 and on real device 9860 is Different for blackberry OS 7.0

Hi All,

I have developed an HYbrid app which works fine on Android for almost all resolutioh which i have supported.

For blackberry, i am building and pacakging an app through ant tool.While installing .cod file on devive 9860 having OS 7.0, UI of landing page get distorted.While running on ripple 9860 device, UI reneders properly.

Please clarify that, ripple is to check UI on differnet devive resolution or just for pacaging and building app.

Thanks in advanceSmiley Happy

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: UI Rendering on ripple Emulator 9860 and on real device 9860 is Different for blackberry OS 7.0

Generally the UI between Ripple and a device will match, though there may be some small differences. Remember that the device is running the BlackBerry WebKit implementation on an ARM architecture, while Ripple is using the Chrome WebKit implementation on an architexture that matches your operating system. While they are bot Webkit implementations, there may be differences in how they render; especially since your desktop browser implementation is likely more up to date than the implemenation on OS 7.0.

That being said, there aren't generally very large differences; specifically you mentioned the word distorted. Could you provide a screenshot comparison of what you are referring to?

In most cases, Ripple should provide a solid representation, but testing on a simulator/device is always recommended.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.