Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Unable to Receive Push Notification

Once the channel is registered, you should begin to receive pushes immediately. You won't receive any pushes that were sent before registration, but I've tested samples where I registered the channel and within 10-20 seconds sent a push that was received.

Were you manually initiating pushes or is there some automated system that does so? It's not impossible that there were some infrastucture delays or issues, but it would also be worth looking into the initiator code to ensure there aren't any causes for delay there. If you're willing to share the initiator code (if it's not too complex), we might be able to provide some insight.

In general though, once the channel is created, new pushes should be received immediately.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

In Q10 device i got Pushes immediately once Push is sent, but when i tried from Z10 Real device,i am not getting Push..Channel also created successfully and got token as 24D59383..
FYI..
Q10 Real device OS Version  :  10.2.1.1925 [Can receive]
Z10 Real device OS Version   : 10.0.9.2372 [NOT Received]

Z10 Alpha device OS Version :  10.1.0.1485[Can receive]

Q10 Alpha device OS Version : 10.2.0.341[Can receive]
Is OS problem??
Push Initiator code i am using low-level sample Push Initiator which comes with BPSS ..Plz provide immediate help

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

10.0.9 is very old; I'm not aware of any Push-specific issues but based on what you're seeing (3 of 4 devices working as intended on newer OS versions) I would not rule out the OS as the cause.

Is there a particular reason for testing against 10.0? The user-base running 10.0 will be very minimal, even 10.1 will quickly become less relevant. There are no device limitations preventing those users from upgrading.

If you update the failing device to a newer OS and see immediate Pushes, then that would be a good indication of the OS being at fault.

The other possibility is connectivity; testing by swapping the same SIM card / connected to the same WiFi network would minimize the possibility of the network being an issue.

The delays you're seeing are very unlikely to do with the actual code implementation, and more environmental (network, device OS, etc.)

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Airtel

Yes you are right,OS is not the root cause.It might be Because of connectivity problem.I received Push Notification in above version also..[Z10 Real device OS Version : 10.0.9.2372] .Thanks