Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to connect to Mobile Data Service on certain BB simulators

Hi,

I know there are other posts regarding this issue, but none of them give me a clear resolution to the problem. I am having this problem everytime I run 4.5.0 simulators, and launch the browser and try to access a web page.

My JDK set in the path is 1.6.0_16

I run the MDS first, by launching MDS under BlackBerry Email and MDS Services Simulators 4.2.1.....I see the window show up, it stays on the screen and say Web Server Started.

I then open up the simulator but still cant connect to the internet. I have tried it on 4.6.0 phones, and some 4.7.0 phones and it works fine.I have installed four 4.5.0 phones, and it doesnt work for any of them.

can someone please tell me if theres a known problem with 4.5.0 simulators, or if theres anything else I should be doing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Unable to connect to Mobile Data Service on certain BB simulators

I've had no problems with those simulators accessing the internet on Vista 32 and Vista 64.

What exactly is the symptom?  You're not saying what happens. 

When you make a request, does the MDS screen scroll as it's processing stuff? 

Where is the site you're accessing? on the local system or elsewhere?

Have you turned on verbose logging within the MDS simulator? so you can see everything it does as it processes your request?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I am running XP. When I make a request, nothing happens, as in the MDS screen doesn't even scroll or process one bit, and I get a pop up right away saying that its unable to connect to the MDS. Once again, this happens for only 4.5.0 simulators. Ive tried, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.3, and 4.6 and they all work fine.

I am accessing a public site, like even google doesn't work.

How do you turn on verbose logging, and what will that tell me?

Thanks for your response.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

There was an earlier post than yours asking the same question last week. Perhaps there is a problem, but I've never expereienced it. 

Turning on verbose logging probably isn't going to help since you're telling me there's no connection to MDS, but to do it - you need to make some changes to the rimpublic.properties file in the MDS simulator installation. There's a kbase article about it.  Have you used the search on this site to see what you can find?