Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Unable to sign with blackberry signing keys for BlackBerry PlayBook Apps. I have installed ripple build and packager also.

When trying to sign the ap with .csj files recived 

Iam getting the following error

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5
\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin>blackberry-signer -register -csjpin ------ -stor
epass hariom C:\keys\client-RDK-202----.csj C:\keys\client-PBDT-202----.csj
Enter Passphrase for keystore:
Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\author.p12
(The system cannot find the file specified)
C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5
\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin>blackberry-signer -register -csjpin 393939 -stor
Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\author.p12
(The system cannot find the file specified)

where I entered the correct key store password which I chosen earlier also    Iam getting the above eror

I remember  my  csj pin and keystore Pw very well.

And Iam unable to write in the cmd prompt after this step  but only able tp paste the key store pw    at this place

\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin>blackberry-signer -register -csjpin ------ -stor

Please solve my query. ....Where Iamw rong then ?   

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook
My Carrier: Loop

Re: Unable to sign with blackberry signing keys for BlackBerry PlayBook Apps. I have installed ripple build and packager also.

Is the file author.p12 available at this path C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Research In Motion ?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Developer

Re: Unable to sign with blackberry signing keys for BlackBerry PlayBook Apps. I have installed ripple build and packager also.

There is no such fle  created here in my pc  at   "C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Research In Motion"

But Iam seeing barsigner.db.   has been created   in the folder  C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Research In Motion.

I will reconfirm with you the     Project Root    and   the output Folder I have chosen.

Developer

That is the reason why its failing. Its unable to load the keystore.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
Developer

So what can be reasons for these kind of errors and failure?

Developer

I had faced it when I had uninstalled the SDK. Regenerating the keys again from scratch fixed it for me. 

Developer

what is    "Regenerating the keys again from scratch"  ?

Developer

Read the document at this link

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup_bb10_apps_2008396_11.html

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <csj pin>
-storepass <KeystorePassword> <client-RDK-xxxxxx.csj file>
<client-PBDT-xxxxx.csj file>

This command creates the following files: author.p12, barsigner.csk, and barsigner.db. Which is missing in your case.
Developer

I have gone thru   
https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup_bb10_apps_2008396_11.html

for signing the keys etc  for the Bb playboo app.

But Iam not getting    what does   below suggestion   mean by ?

"Register with the RIM Signing Authority using your .csj registration file for application signing. From the \dependencies\tools\bin folder located in the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK installation folder, run the .bar signing tool to enroll with the signing authority server: "

After going to the  BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK installation folder   where will I find the   .bar signing tool ?

Please guide me at this point.

Developer

I am not sure about it. I had used the one that came with the Native SDK kit.