Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: None right now
My Carrier: BSNL

Universal search not working in simulator

I made a todo app using jQuery theme for BB10 and indexedDB. A user of my app has said in his review that he wants to save notes directly from the search button on BB10.

I am just a beginner and don't know how to do it. The search button does not even work inside the simulator. I don't have any phone.

Can you tell me how to make it working inside the simulator and what API to use to implement such a feature.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Universal search not working in simulator

I do not believe it is currently possible to register "actions" for a WebWorks application (e.g. 'Add Note') with the Universal Search system.  

Sorry for the delayed response to your post - just noticed this one did not get a response from anyone.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
My Device: None right now
My Carrier: BSNL

What about the Universal search? Is it intentionally disabled in the simulator? Or there is a problem with the simulator I have installed?
Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Universal search is not included in the simulator. There's a number of applications that are not included in the simulators - they are pared down to minimums.

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead