Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Docomo

Update Blackberry Curve from v6.0.0.526 Bundle 2342 to v6.0.0.534 Bundle 2391

I  need to update my Blackberry curve mobile from 6.0.0.526 to 6.0.0.534. Is there any way to achieve those.

I tried by checking the available updates on mobile and it says "No update available". Even I tried with Desktop manager app through PC I was not able to get any updates. Desktop manager says "I already have the latest one".

Why am i doing the above, below is the reason...

I have developed the blackberry web app which is not working fine on Blackberry curve 9300 with OS 6.0.0.534 bundle 2391. But its working on rest of all device even in lower i.e.., v5.0.* and even v6.0.0.526. To test the below scenario I need to update my blackberry OS version.

Exact issue...

1. Generally web app is very slow, pages are downloading very slow. Every postback takes too much of time.

2.Image button is not able to do post back

3. not able to download the image to blackberry browser, am downloading map[static map] from google to show the address specified by me.

Does this version of blackberry browser is slow by default, does any any one of u faced these kind issue...

Help me out with this ASAP

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Update Blackberry Curve from v6.0.0.526 Bundle 2342 to v6.0.0.534 Bundle 2391

Hi there,

OS releases must be accepted and distributed by the carriers themselves; so one OS bundle may exist on some carriers, but not others. It all comes down to whether the carrier decides to approve specific builds.

The best advice I acn give would be to contact Docomo (or the carrier associated with the 9300) and confirm with them the most recent release that they have available for your device.

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Update Blackberry Curve from v6.0.0.526 Bundle 2342 to v6.0.0.534 Bundle 2391

Erik,

I have a similar question. I am on an unlocked, unbranded Bold 9780 that I bought from Amazon. It runs

v6.0.0.285

Platform 6.5.0.54

Bundle 863

I have the most recent Desktop Software from my carrier on my PC. I think that becasue I did not buy the phone fram my carrier (T-Mobile US), it will not update with the most recent carrier approved software. Is this in fact true? If so, is there an alternate way for me to update my phone software?

Thanks

New Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Telus

Yes, there is an alternate method to updating your device's OS, however I am not sure that it is promoted on this board, since I believe the RIM employees need to promote the "official" methods. IF you would like to send me a PM, I can provide you with a link to instructions.

To any mods/RIM employees, if I am remiss in providing information in this community on alternate methods to update the device's OS, please let me know. Don't want to ruffle any feathers, just trying to help a fellow user/developer.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi there,

We make as many of the carrier builds that we can available here:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Some carriers will prefer to distribute through their own portals, but the majority of carrier OS versions can be downloaded at the above link. This is a desktop installation that installs the OS software to your PC. Once installed, you can then load that OS version onto a device via Desktop Manager.

I'm not exactly sure the behaviour of unlocked phones with automatic updates pushed by carriers, but if you are having issues with over-the-air upgrades, I would recommend the above approach.

I'm not sure specifically which other alternate methods would be out there, but beyond over-the-air or officially provided standalone software downloads, I would say it's best to keep any unofficial approaches from being posted here.

Cheers,

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Telus

Erik,

Thank you for the clarification. There are alternatives to Desktop Manager, howerver I will certainly refrain from posting instructions on this board in the spirit of the community. I'm here to get what I can learn, and again, only offered the information in the spirit of helping a fellow user and developer.