Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Using Key words "interface=wifi" and "deviceside=true"

Hi,

I am using a browser field in my application. In emulator it works fine but when deployed to the device it needs key woeds:

interface=wifi      - to connect to internal network

along with :

deviceside=true  - for connecting to interne

When i open a webpage "m.facebook.com"

it does not log me in.

I am not sure why shoud i use these keywords. It should automaticallydetect the type of network. is there any way to do this (make my application automatically detect network) ?

I have to append these key words every time a redirect or image url is formed within the aplication. I am using browser field demo application.

Will I have to allways append these lines. What if I have to use GPRS. And why did my application does not login to facebook ??

Another one..when i tried another site, the images on the button (HTML) did not show ? is css not supported ?

Developer

Re: Using Key words "interface=wifi" and "deviceside=true"

one more thing...

I dont append these key words when running the application in emulator. It works fine...I can log in and evrythings good but when I open the same application on the real device (8120 pearl) nothing happens when i click "login" may it is not suporting querystrings !

Any solutions ?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Using Key words "interface=wifi" and "deviceside=true"

I haven't found solution for your problem yet,

but you may want to check out this link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Connecting-your-BlackBerry-http-and-socket-c...

this link contains useful information about connecting your BlackBerry devices to internet.