Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Using web-widget source as native project

Hi all,

I've packaged a web-widget project and generated the source using bbwp.exe /s, and then imported this into a native app in Eclipse.

I'm just wondering where in the project I need to place the HTML and Javascript files for the web part of the app.

Currently when I start the app, I get an alert stating "Resource does not exist". I assume this is because I don't have the web bits of the project installed (as I'm not sure where to put them).

Cheers,

Gaz.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Using web-widget source as native project

Hi Gaz,

Make sure your project is setup using the same folder / file structure as was created when you used the /s argument at compile time.

One of the files that was created during this process was <your project>.jdp which contains information about this project.  You can open this file (using any text editor) to see how this project expects files to be structured.

In fact, you can reduce the number of steps you need to do to create this project on your own if you import this *.jdp file as an existing project into Eclipse 

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.