Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: 9780

Using white text in Blackberry mails

Not sure where to place this question but this looks like the most likely forum for it.

I am creating an HTML mail with a Domino agent which includes text I would like to be hidden from the Blackberry user and so I am trying to do this by setting the font colour to white:

So I am using:

<div style="color: #fff">"text goes here" </div> in order to do this in the email.

This works fine in the Notes client display but not in the Blackberry display.  On the Blackberry  I see text greyed out and fainter but still legible.  Does anyone know a way round this.  I have tried various things e.g.

1) <p style="color: #fff">text goes here </P>

2) also put it in a table and using css styles or just text="white" inside td tags and table tags etc - but text displayed in black like on main page

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Curve 8300
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Using white text in Blackberry mails

I just had this problem, too. I'm including a color coded summary in the body of the e-mail with the detailed report attached. The body will have the overall yield in green for >= goal or red for < goal. Anyhow, after playing with the html tags in the body of the e-mail, I finally got the text to display as desired on our blackberry devices. Here's a sample of one of the blocks of code:

<P class=""><FONT face=Smith&amp;NephewLF size=3><SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Smith&NephewLF">Nails Final: 382/382 =
</SPAN><B><FONT color=green><SPAN
style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: green">100%</SPAN></FONT></B></FONT></P>

You should be able to modify above to whatever you need it to say. I hope this helps.