Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: O2

Viewing ASP web forms site in WbeWorks OS 7.1

This may seem like a stupid question, but here goes...

I have an ASP Web Forms site, that has been created with a mobile view in mind.  I thought i would be able to use WebWorks to point to the site and display on the Curve 9320.

It does this okay if I use BrwoserArguments but get the dreaded URL bar, which takes up a quarter of the screen size!!

Is there anyway to view the site in a WebWorks app, i've tried pointing to the site using config.xml and javascript load functions on the index.html but to no avail, just get white screen??

However as soon as i pointed it to a HTML page, hey presto no URL bar and all is well.

Can i assume that WebWorks ONLY will work if i point to a HTML page, and not other???

Any help on this greatly appreciated.

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Viewing ASP web forms site in WbeWorks OS 7.1

yes you should be able to view an ASP page from within a WebWorks app if you point the URL of the <content> element in config.xml to the right location.

You mentioned BrowserArguments - that is the invoke API for launching the browser. I would expect you would see a URL bar after launching the browser using this API.

Have you properly whitelisted the URL for the domain of the ASP page you are trying to load?  You need to do this in config.xml. In fact, you need to do this for ALL domains that might be used on that page (including any external CSS or JS files)

See this page for more info:

If you are still getting a whitescreen after that - I suspect the issue could be a runtime error.  The page is crashing due to some unsupported requirement. Can you confirm what MIME type the web server is returning for your ASP page?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: O2

Re: Viewing ASP web forms site in WbeWorks OS 7.1

Thanks for the reply.

Thinks have moved on slightly since my initial post.

I can now view my asp pages, although I have had to make quite a few changes to the HTML within them to be formatted correctly, however the application seems to be running out of memory and crashing aftera  minute or so?

Is this a side effect of trying to run an asp site through webworks?

The appliation isn't really doing anything major, it's essentially an employee lookup system, one text box, click a button takes you to another screen of grid results, then from there you can view deeper which is another screen and thats it.

Nothing major is happening behind the scenes on the VB side of things, so im a bit bamboozled!!

The only option is either stick with the browser option, which works fine, either directly or from webworks, or re-write the pages in pure HTML but that opens up a whole can of worms with data access etc.

All i really want is the extra real estate that's taken up by the URL bar.