Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: what is this.

Visual studio PLUGIN for developing and testing BB 9900 (OS version 7)

HI Team,

Downloaded the latest web works blackberry plugin 2. 0  for visual studio. Able to develop and test  in all sort of BB models  and OS version 5 and 6. But when downloaded 9900 SImulator with OS version 7,when trying to test my application, the simulator with OS version 7 are not all the appearing in the dropdown. COuld you please let me know the way forward for the getting my issue solved.

Thanks

Giridhar

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Visual studio PLUGIN for developing and testing BB 9900 (OS version 7)

Hi Giridhar,

The Visual Studio Plug-in has been End Of Lifed.  It actually wont even be available for download starting on Oct 18th.  

It supports BB5 and BB6 but does not have the ability to detect and integrate BB7 simulators.  You would have to manually load your app onto the BB7 simulator by dragging and dropping your *.cod file onto the sim.

A new beta revision of the Ripple Emulator will be released in a couple days that will allow for building/signing and deploying your app to BB5, BB6, BB7 and PlayBook simulators.  You can continue to use Visual Studio for all of your web developement and let Ripple take it from there for emulation and testing. 

Are you familiar at all with today's Ripple Emulator which currently exists as a Chrome plugin?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter