Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Web Signal Implementation Problem

Guys, I'm having troubled with Web Signal registration process. Well, we planned to deliver such an educational information system. From the requirements, it is said that this system should alert users/subscribers of our system when there is such information update for them. Well, the customer like to have a notification icon in their Blackberry when there is such an information update, something like Facebook application do when there is an incoming message.

Well, a couple week ago we found that the solution is using Web Signal. I have been trying to implement this with device and MDS simulator. It works.

But the problem comes when I tried to request web signal for our system in https://www.blackberry.com/websignals/. We sure that we supply the right information needed in the form. But, unfortunately, we I have not receive any reply from Research in Motion, even a notification that they have received our request. Actually, our system should be delivered early at January 2010.

Have anyone experience this problem?

Well I hope people from RIM them self will answer this thread. Please, help.

New Developer

Re: Web Signal Implementation Problem

I, too, have been trying - unsucessfully - to register for the Web Signal service for two days.  I've followed the directions but to no avail.  When I enter my email address in the Web Signal Email ID box during check-in it tells me I haven't registered and that I need to use my email or SMS text (phone) to check-in.  It also says that if I use email I'll receive another email where I can register for the Web Signal service. So I did that and received the Web Signal registration email, but when I click on the link to register I get the following message: "Unfortunately your Web Signal subscription was not successful. The reason for the failure is: No Web Signal E-mail ID has been provided."

So, I'm confused. I can't register for Web Signal because I don't have a Web Signal E-Mail ID, which I need to register to get.....and so on.

- Frustrated

Developer

Still no answer yet? I hope someone at RIM will answer this question.

Developer

I have had similar difficulty in registering for WS.  I originally submitted my online registration a month or so ago, and then the trail went cold.  After waiting patiently for a week or so, I started to engage RIM over the phone - and was able to raise a support ticket for the matter.  I received an email response a day or so later, whereby the support agent identified I needed to become an ISV Alliance Member - in this process I was supposed to be assigned a Technical Manager who was to facilitate the WS application process.  Needless to say, I haven't heard from anyone since becoming an Alliance Member. 

- b