09-02-2009 11:56 PM
I am new to blackberry web development.
I have certain doubts and want help from u all.
1. Web pages for blackberry web development are written in html or xhtml? if yes, can it be done thru eclipse
2. I have some experience in native application development, i have downloaded eclipse plug in for blackberry web development
3. which device softwares does it support minimum os req.
4. What design considerations / best practises are to be taken care of ?
5. how to handle differnet browsers?
Does somebody has some tutorial for this.
Kindly help me as our project deadline is this month end.
Thanks and regards.
09-03-2009 08:00 AM
There's a really cool book that covers all of those topics coming out in a few weeks...
Anyway, to answer your questions:
1. yes, either. The BlackBerry Browser supports all industry standards for web development. There's nothing special about what you can use - only some limitations on which standards/capabilities were released in which Device Software version.
2. I didn't see a question here.
4. Many - download the Browser Content developer guides from the documentation area of www.blackberry.com/developers.
5. By parsing the user_agent HTTP header and acting accodringly.
09-09-2009 04:55 AM