Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: MTN

Web page rendering issue with OS 5.0.0.411 - missing input tags

I've having an web page rendering issue with a BB Curve 8900 that is running 5.0.0.411.

I'm kinda new to the BB web development scene. I developed a web site that renders perfectly on a OS 5.0 simulator and also works as expected on a 8900 device running OS 4.6.

However the moment I try and access the web page on an actual BB8900 running 5.0.0.411 (using any of the browser options) none of the input boxes (text and login buttons) are displayed.

The HTML source (alt + RBVS) looks normal.

When I remove the "FORM" tag from the HTML my page displays.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment I'm wondering if this is an OS 5.0 web rendeing issues or is there something else preventing the HTML text boxes/buttons from displaying?

Regards

Derek

Web page rendering issue

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Web page rendering issue with OS 5.0.0.411 - missing input tags

HI DevBuzz,

Thanks for posting this.  Can you reproduce this behaviour on the 8900 device using any forms, or just the specific form you've show in the screenshots?

From the information provided, it sounds like a defect with the 5.0.0.411 build for the 8900, however I cannot confirm without seeing the HTML / CSS (JavaScript?) source used to render the page.  Can you post a source code snippet ?

The screenshot suggests that the CSS you are using to structure your form fields is not being recognized in the 8900's browser.  Please check the event log to see if any runtime exceptions are being recorded when rendering this page.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.