Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: WebWorks Peformance on PlayBook OS 2.0

Awesome, thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: N/A

I'm seeing the same problem with my jQuery Mobile WebWorks application.  Really poor performance under the 2.0 GA release, whereas with the 2.0 beta performance was fantastic, much better than 1.0.8.  I've opened up this issue with RIM:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-502 

(I think you need to be signed in to see it).

Retired
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Would someone be willing to share their code with me so I can help track down this problem?

Please attach a link 

or 

send to jasscott AT rim DOT com

Twitter: @JsonScott
Developer
My Device: Red BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Json I sent to you an email.

Thanks for your "offical" interest about this issue. Smiley Happy

Josep Maria
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: N/A

I've also sent an email and will follow-up with source code.  I hope this level of attention will result in a quick resolution.

Really appreciate for the response from inside RIM.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Hi all,

Your feedback is not going unnoticed.  I'm carefully documenting and escalating issues to the appropriate development teams based for 2.0 browser problems being reported by developers.  Thank you for providing a summary of what you are seeing.

What will help greatly is if you can assist by

1. Filing an issue report for each unique problem in JIRA https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa.  This helps because we can escalate from JIRA into our internal stakeholder teams.
  2. Provide a code snippet or sample in your report that can be used to reproduce the problem.

Thank you for your help, and patience as we investigate and resolve these problems.

Adam

Developer Relations

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks Adam.

FYI. Every time I try to create a ticket I get an error. Tried about ten times already over the past 2 days and tried using different browsers. Can't get past the initial create a ticket screen.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: WebWorks Performance on PlayBook OS 2.0

I too am experiencing application hangs when an HTML select element is clicked. The popup list never appears. This started immediately after upgrading to OS 2.0.  This is a JQM application and I am able to circumvent the issue by NOT using the native interface. JQM provides a substitute interface and that works fine. 

When you close the hung app you can breifly see the popup as the app shuts down. It is as if the native popup is popping up BEHIND the page and freezing it because it is modal and the user cannot interact with it.

One other symptom is that after the app is closed after this hand the app icon is greyed out for several seconds. I guess the OS is doing a crash cleanup.

I HAVE TRIED TO REPORT THIS PROBLEM using the JIRA create issue but that breaks too. Please pass this on to the team if you can. It would have been a show stopper if not for JQM's alternative interface

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for raising this to our attention - I've escalated to the JIRA support team.  Sorry for the inconvenience - its the last thing we want to happen.

Browser team continues to look into these issues.  I am logging them internally and getting the experts to look into them. I will also push these bug reports out to the public issue tracker to make sure everyone has visibility into their resolutions.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Adam,

I found another manifestation of this same problem. If the page includes an <input type="file> element the application will usually hang in the exact same manner as when you click a <select> element. It is hanging trying to pop up the File Manager window. As mentioned earlier, perhaps it is opening that modal window behind the current page? 

Unfortunately, there is no JQM workaound for this one, so I either need to remove a backup/restore feature from my app or else delay the app release